Friday 9 October 2009

The start of a new era


I've given up on the old blog. I mean, I gave up on it a long time ago. I'll probably give up on this one too, given my rubbish track record at keeping up-to-date with blogs. - it's difficult enough to keep up with the one I write for work.

Still, having this job has opened my eyes to a load of things; not least ancient history. I may come across a dullard but it really is fascinating reading about ancient Egypt, Greece, Mesopotamia and the like every day. I even took a week out to visit Luxor last month, which was amazing. The world's biggest museum? Playground, more like - actually, make that a bloody hot playground.

Still, I've made a list of all the ancient 'stuff'' I want to see in the coming years, some more likely than others:

Meroe, Sudan
Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Terracotta Warriors, China
Mesa Verde, USA
Colosseum, Rome,
Nineveh, Iraq
Mohenjo-daro, Pakistan
Petra, Jordan
Mada'in Saleh, Saudi
Samarqand, Uzbekistan
Borobudur, Indonesia

I think that just about covers it. I've got the chance to see Meroe this Christmas amazingly, which I can't pass up, surely. When does it become out of order to spend Christmas away from the family? I'll be 24 by then; most 24-year-olds from Dartford are already seeing their kids through the 11-plus.

Anyway, I'm not wearing elbow patches just yet so here are a couple of REALLY COOL BANDS I'VE HEARD recently:

The Weakends
Comet Gain
and, of course, White Lies.

Speak Monday, when I'll have a load more interesting stuff to tell you, and show you how I can actually use computers now.

No comments:

Post a Comment